RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Jeffryz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cathurga,

Sorry to hear that you had more troubles with your saito. I had a pushrod/adjuster failure early on. It looked like a defective adjuster as the cupped portion of the adjuster was deformed. Also, since the motor would only run at a very high rpm until it was warmed up, the sudden start at 5k was too much for the pushrod. Anyway, with the new adjuster and the modifications (morris ignition and intake mods), I can now start it at a reasonable rpm.
Re: Not doing the mods; I have to take exception to that input. First of all, the motor has numerous faults that make using it a messy and unpleasant experience. With $2000 invested in this motor, I expected better. Second, modifications and customization is a primary learning tool. This is like hot rodding was in the 60's, and I personally enjoy the learning from the cause and effect. If all I did was follow the instructions on the package, I wouldn't know squat about how these planes, motors and electronics work. Besides, it is a joy to make one of these machines fly great. And the frosting on the cake is to modify one to be my own unique design. So, keep up the good work and enjoy the ride. Jeff
PS: When it finally stops raining around here, I will get out on the field and to some tuning runs with the morris mods combinations. I hope to get some better temp and thrust information then.