RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Kaos from Lazerworks Short Kit.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 07:03 PM
mgnostic

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by VincentJ
Well done Matt! Do yourself a favor, next time don't glue those wing dowels in quite yet. All they'll do is make it a pain to cover around them. Glue them in after you've finished covering the wing.
Hi Vincent, you aren't wrong. In this case there were some structural bits (false ribs) that presumably stiffen the dowels. I got ahead of myself on the photography and didn't get a picture of that part of the structure. I don't know a lot about the history of the Kaos line but the false ribs weren't present in the Kaos' predecessor the Sun Fli. the false ribs show up in the Kaos and Super Kaos but then there are at least three wing mounting schemes throughout the Kaos variants and their successors. Assuming good quality material in the dowels I'm not sure that the false ribs are really necessary. The only time I've ever had a dowel fail was in the process of cartwheeling or otherwise crashing a plane. Oh well, the reinforcements are there and they had to be installed before I buttoned up the wing. I agree with you. The fewer the bumps and knobs that you have to work around the easier the covering job will be. I've been following your 4 Star build and I have to say that I admire your technique.