RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 AM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh no! That's harsh, although it looks like you got a little lucky! Before you make assumptions, you may also want to check if there is any run-out on the crankshaft as well, I would think a shock impact might bend the shaft, depending on the angle of impact. Also, the pushrod tube that is bent, might also have a bent pushrod as well....

Elmshoot is 100% correct on soft dirt being good. One of the guys at our field had one installed on a Hangar 9 Stik, and the empennage detached itself in flight, and the thing went from horizontal flight, vertically down and into the tarmac runway, at full bore.....not much left of that engine!
I hear you about the sealed being 'airtight', and am armed with some electrical cleaner in a can, so I can squirt it at certain points (i.e rubbers, tappet covers, pushrod seals etc etc) and see if I can find a leak. I have lots of the tappet cover seals, the inlet seals and rings, but I dont have any of the pushrod tube seals, so hopefully during running tomorrow, I can find a leak somewhere. Suspect it might be the tappet cover seals.

As far as my 'tinkering' goes....yeah....someone just try stop me LOL!