RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Boomerang with 120mm EDF 12s
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne-RCU
Hi: Joseph
I am taking it to the IN. JET JAM in about two weeks. I hope to get some video of the Boomerang in flight.
I was going to put a 127mm DynaMax EDF but it was wider then the body of the Boomerang...LOL I looked in to my junk box and found a 120mm EDF and mounted it.
The 120mm EDF just fit (after hacking away 99.999% of the turbine mount. The 120mm EDF mounts are pocking out the sides of the body on the jet......LOL
Yes, I do have a heavy duty fan mount to hold everything in place (keeping my fingers crossed).
I looked and looked for other Boomerangs with the same intakes I have and could not find any. I think someone put some kind of aftermarket intake on it.
I know it would not supply enough air to the EDF, So I started cutting away to make sure the EDF was happy on the air feeding it.
I picked up the Boomerang at a swap meet to help a friend learn how to fly Large size EDF's. I just was not sure if I could get it to fly as an EDF but it seems to be working out very well.

Thanks
wayne
Good to hear it all works, and good luck at the Jet Meet. The last one I went to I was the only one with EDF jets, beside all turbines. I was actually offered the same brand new model in the box with slight damage for a song, but I was so overloaded with models I couldn't fit it in even if I wanted it!
I fly similar but more sleeker "A-10/X", tho turbine powered. I suggest to improve yours, ad on to the sides scoop air intakes, extra direct air flow will only help. (Something like pic. of "X/29")
Cheers.

Similar design "A-10/X"

Note the "air scoop" intakes.