RCU Forums - View Single Post - Close look at GP .07 Thunder Tiger
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 04:56 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ffkiwi
Aspeed-do I assume you kept the spigot depth and chamber shape the same as the standard glowplug head for your turbo head-or did you introduce some more variables with shape, clearance etc....a photo of both head inserts side by side would be useful....

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'

PS ..haven't we had this same discussion before recently-on the G-Mark 061.....?
Funny, Mr. Cox coaxed me to copy the T Tiger bowl shape when I asked at the time, so it is just the same as the T Tiger. I made about a dozen blanks with that ball end mill with some varying ODs. I used one on the G Spot as is. I was going to use a countersink on the Gmark, but the c/sink did not clean up the existing radius. I use the same blank on the .10s and .15s but face the diameter a bit bigger with the same ball endmill (reshaped centre drill) Other existing heads seem to use the same radius like the blue head ASP .15, so I use it on most heads and just back the diameter up until the squish band looks about right. I have gone up to .25 size motors with the turbo heads. After a .21, they don't seem to gain much from what little experience I have. Kind of odd how much time I put into the TTiger .07 to finally get them working well, and I never even put them in a plane. They idle really well and run up pretty good. The carbs are not really suited for control line but that is OK.

Last edited by aspeed; 06-02-2019 at 05:03 AM.