RCU Forums - View Single Post - The New Guy.
Thread: The New Guy.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 07:26 AM
bbaloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Guy.

Alright, so I'll be honest I don't have much idea what I'm doing but I couldn't not get involved in this hobby after doing some mild research. I looked and looked, finally found a truck on eBay that I liked a lot and I pulled the trigger.
It's a Traxxas Stampede VXL, but I'm assuming it's an older generation since it does not have Traxxas' new connector on it and it doesn't have TSM, at least not to my knowledge.

So, I received the truck, battery, charger, radio system and all a few days ago. I got it all set up, put the battery on charge, let it go until the three lights on the charger were green and then I was so excited I couldn't stand it. I slapped it in, took it outside and ran it for probably nearly 30 minutes with no issue at all.

Fast forward to putting it back on charge, waiting again until those lights were green and all of a sudden now it won't even run for 1-2 minutes before the Low voltage detection kicks in and I come to a screeching halt.
Now every time I put it on charge, it 1-2 of the cell lights are red as if it's got no power there and it starts charging again.

My thought is the battery must be no good, am I correct in thinking that?

I am not allowed to attach pictures yet, but would if I could to hopefully provide more information.

Also another reason for this post..

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone getting into the hobby with this particular truck? What can I do to get the most performance out of it? The claims that it will go 60 mph have my extremely curious as far as what I have to do to make that happen.