RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transmitter for Tamiya Leopard 2a6 with turret stabaliser
Old 06-11-2019, 10:22 PM
dingobattler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmitter for Tamiya Leopard 2a6 with turret stabaliser

Hi all,

Just needed help with the above. I've done a lot of research, but information is still pretty opaque, just wanted clarity with regards to this matter.

Basically, I've boiled it down to 2 controllers. Not sure which is the correct one, so I would like some help:

1) Futaba 4YF-FM - This is a 4 channel analog remote, which is the most compatible with the tamiya analog system. Main issue is I have to buy a self-centering mod, as only the air version is available. Also, its pretty dated, and can't do things like gear changes. Might never be able to use this either way, as I've searched hard online, and can't find a self-centering mod.

2) Turnigy 9x - 4 Channel digital radio. Saw online that it will cause control lag, plus the turret stabaliser will not work, but either the source of this wasn't reliable, or I'm reading something wrong. Heard from multiple sources that digital radios do not play well with Tamiya's analog system. Again, needs a self-centering thingo, but can be ordered in Australia. Able to do things like 3 different gears for forward, 1 back. This is my preferred option though.

Not sure what to get, and prefer to get something without all the self-centering modifications. Would appreciate it if members could shed some light on this.