RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

My F-16's maiden had to be put off a few days as I discovered I had a bad ESC after I got everything all buttoned up. Had to tear the EDF unit and old ESC out to replace it.

But finally got my maiden in this morning - quite a handful to say the least! Had my control surfaces too low and so for the first 20 seconds or so was battling to keep her from nose diving each time I eased up on the elevator. After giving a huge amount of up trim I finally was able to get level flight and had the chance to see the flight characteristics. First - need expo! Very twitchy without it. The roll rate is also very slow so need to adjust to get more throw. This is my first jet I have to over-hand launch it so that was a bit different for me but she took off with just a little drop after release. This jet is fast and gets small real quick! I also noticed the fan has some vibrations so will need to figure out how to balance an EDF. All in all not too bad.

I did get to take out my Stinger jet Saturday so it wouldn't be all lost after discovering that faulty ESC for the F-16. Then I managed to smack the Stinger into a light pole near the end of the flight - in a high speed low pass. Jeez! By some miracle it must have hit in such a way to deflect off the bottom of the wing as there was barely any foam destroyed. I have some epoxying to do but its salvageable.

I did pick up something for myself from Motion, kind of a early Father's Day gift - a new 64mm F9F Panther EDF. This is close in size to my Stinger and can use my 3S 2200 lipo's so that's a plus.

Glad that your charging case is coming along nicely. A belt sander comes in handy doing quick fine tuning work!

A few good movies we've already tried with the surround sound are Jurassic World (the dinosaur fight in the end is great) and The Matrix I - will have to try Star Wars also!

Mark