RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Does the Future Hold?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 04:51 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by geneh-RCU
Each club should have someone to check new members off. I have been flying for over 40 years and at my club there are a lot of people that scare me when flying. Quite a few struggle to land a stick type plane especially if there is a cross wind. I think the problem is that quite a few people learned to fly by themselves on these ready to fly foam planes that have a gyro. Very few people I see at the field has any idea that they need to check the CG of a new plane before they fly it! Yes, you even need to check the ready to fly foam plane!!!
There are a lot of things in life that should be taken more seriously by the participants than they currently are. Driving is just one. Shooting and guns in general are another though the NRA works hard to educate. And flying of any type is yet another. But we continue to makes things available to the least deserving. All in the name of mis-understood rights. Well, we can all admire our participation trophy on the mantel.

Imagine if rocketry had the popularity of RC and high power was available at the local Wally World. Model rockets popping up all over the place without warning. I'd wager some FAA official has already lost some sleep over that thought. Imagine if it was more popular than RC?