RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF Beechcraft Bonanza F33A Build
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 01:00 AM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Mike, my preferred glue to build with as you know is Titebond II. The original Titebond glue was and still very popular and is a fine glue to use. Titebond II is designed for exterior use while its predecessor was not. It's also a bit stronger as well. Both sand very easily and both are unaffected by finishes. I never dilute my wood glue and use it straight out of the bottle. I really don't see the need to do this as it penetrates the wood pores well and in my mind, diluting the glue will weaken its overall strength. I also make sure that my glue is fresh, meaning that it has a shelf life. When I start a new project I always start a new bottle.

I like the open time that it affords me. It gives me the time I need so I don't feel rushed when assembling sticks. Maybe to some builders, this glue is too slow for them, but it suites my building style... It's relatively inexpensive , doesn't have any fumes and is available at just about any hardware store or lumber yard. What's not to like about it?

Last edited by VincentJ; 07-13-2019 at 10:48 AM.