RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 F-105 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Hey Mark,
Thanks for checking in. The F-105 got sidelined in May for the summer flying season. I've attended several meets and fly-ins but have not done any more work to the F-105 since May. I have been working with Dave ( ww2birds) on a drag chute Lua program for the Jeti DS-24. He has written a cool Lua program with several safety interlocks to prevent accidental deployment of the drag chute. Dave posted a thread about it here in the Jet forum. I have it working on the bench and operating three servos on the proper sequence, door open, chute deploy, and chute release. I am sending him my landing gear and he will design and 3D print a bracket to hold the wheel RPM sensor on the landing gear.

I bought a pre-owned Havoc at Joe Nall and am currently refitting it and hope to get it flying by the end of July. I plan to use the Havoc to run in the K-320 turbine, test the drag chute program, and just learn how to operate the drag chute. Never used one before. My plan is to make a drag chute "pod" that will fit between the Havoc ventral fins on the bottom of the fuse and test the drag chute system.

My wife has me going on a "before back to school trip" with the grand kids in August and after that I plan to get back to working on the F-105 again. Hopefully some more progress by the Georgia Super Jets South meet in September.

Thanks,
Gary

F-105 fuse in the holding pattern for the summer.

Wings waiting for gear door fitting

Havoc fuse getting refitted with new stuff and K-320 turbine

The inside of the Havoc had a well used look, so I painted it. Pieces and parts now going in, hope to fly it by end of July. Then set up a drag chute test pod.