RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys,

The maiden of my second F-16 was a huge success! This time I made sure to adjust the control surfaces before and after the flight. So far I've gotten several flights to get used to the flight characteristics and I do like this plane. She looks great in the air doing low high speed passes and vertical is unlimited only by how far I can see. I sometimes feel I'm at a Thunderbirds airshow with how realistic she looks.

I did a few things different this time around - I used polyacrylic to cover the entire plane so to give it some added strength. The foam is a bit weak in a few areas (discovered with the first plane/tree crash) so I was able to reinforce that area. The polyacrylic also gives it a nice shiny finish and helps to protect the stickers from peeling off. The other thing I did was remove the entire cowl section so I could secure the ESC in the air flow much better - last time I had issues with the ESC peeling up and impeding the airflow. So in hindsite, the crash did give me the opportunity to experiment with the old airframe so I could use those new techniques with the new airframe.

Plus I was able to epoxy the old airframe back together so my son now has his own F-16 to play with.

Mark