RCU Forums - View Single Post - Over heated Capacitors on ESC
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Aashoj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got RPM
I’m not certain how you calculated amps but it is incorrect. Higher voltage applied to this setup will give higher amps, not lower. You cannot use the motor’s “rated watts” to calculate amps, that value is pretty meaningless and is more marketing than reality. The amp draw is based on the load (prop) and how the boat is set up and driven, not on theoretical math based on fake facts. The Kv x volts again gives a theoretical rpm without load, under load the rpm will decrease.

That motor on 2S should draw around 20-40 amps if correctly propped. It is a small cheap motor and won’t handle more without damage.
Thanks for help, I still have mush to lean!
I got my info for a Youtube video i watch: Matching Motor, ESC, & Battery, : www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlSa2f76QiU&t=344s

When I test the Motor up against my transmitter with 2S, without install prob-shaft it start and run great from low rpm and up. But if i install shaft or just gentle lay a finger on the motor axles it will not run. The motor have big problems to start running, but if first start running, it have no problems.

I have calibrate it with my Transmitter, what can be wrong?