RCU Forums - View Single Post - DeHavilland Mosquito
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:43 AM
david polley

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dear DragonLines,

Yes I was flying it so well last Saturday (August 3rd, 2019) at our Greater Cincinnati Radio Control Club “Flying Circus” we put on ever year… I have been a member of the club now for 40 years… The photo was taken by a local Wild Life Photographer named Pat Bell…Just a great guy who captured the moment in time of my first landing of the model of the day… She flew just great… Then on Sunday, I had one of the best take offs I had ever had. Lifting the tail, and taking down the runway some 200 feet on two wheels before I lifted off in front of some 3000 people… It was just awesome, so during the flight which went really well, I decide to bring her in and all of a sudden I had absolutely no control some 200 feet above the runway and It trolled over and hit the pavement…… It is possible I lost an engine on final and did not realize that…l I do not know…….

It is in pieces now, however I have 2 brand new fuselages with parts and canopies…. If anyone out there has a wing kit for this, I would gladly purchase it…… After finally figuring everything out on how to get this in the air, it would be so much easier to build the replacement wing and still use most of what I have left….

Here is another photo of the model In flight from the same day taken by Pat Bell….

Last edited by david polley; 08-12-2019 at 09:00 AM.