RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3W Bearcat with Moki 300
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 11:25 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Well, I ran it for the first time today. You'll see in the video that the run stand is NOT up to the task. I didn't realize what kind of MONSTER I was dealing with. The stand accomplished it’s purpose though. It allowed me to test the various systems and get a feel for the handling qualities - which are simply superb. I'm running 2 IBECs to pull power off the radio system - one for the ignition and one for the Powerfuel RX pump. I know there will be some pushback about these choices but I think it is an awesome setup when combined with the Spektrum Powersafe receiver running two BIG 2s Lipos. That is all I will have in the plane - two big lipos.

I set up a mix to vary the speed of the fuel pump with throttle setting which works great. I'm telling you, the handling qualities cannot be beat: radio on, pump switch on, choke on, flip prop until it pops, choke off and three or four blades later its running. It really is a sweetheart handling but with regard to power it is just a BEAST. There was no way I could maintain more that a second or two of full power with that whimpy run stand. It's just to much power. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I turn it loose in the Rare Bear.

Last edited by mitchilito; 08-18-2019 at 01:52 AM.