RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebel Hot by Comp Arf
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 09:10 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by LimitDwn
Dave I’m really surprised that you would say something like this. The fuse at this location with the touch of two fingers will open a crack that is about 1.5” long right to the base of the vertical fin. I find it hard to believe that at this location there is no structural importance to the former in the fuselage. I also find it hard to believe that Comp ARF would design this location as such and say that the former is just because we wanted to. I had a look a Rebel last weekend and this former is also in this location and it was not cut and is set back further so that it does not interfere with the hatch mechanism. I asked Bob to look at his to double check his Hot since the posted pictures look very clear that this former is not cut and is set back further. So once I get the information from Bob as well as from a flying buddy of mine who has one on its way I will reach out to Comp ARF to see how they would like to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

OK, I’ve not got first hand experience on the Hot, but I don’t see how a former there can be structural, it’s no different than an Ultra Flash which has no former at that point and a notch going to the top skin. If you lift the Fuse there it would crack, same on the UF and many models. The cloth tape is the strength on the inside.
Anyway, CARF will respond, maybe I should have let you wait for a response from them! We will see.

Dave