RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/7 Scale Blackburn Buccaneer All Composite Scratch Build
Old 08-30-2019, 11:02 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

At Dave's suggestion I have started to build a Weight & Balance spreadsheet. It's just over 100 lines long so far with each component listed along with estimated weights and individual c.g. locations. As I have the final parts I am replacing the estimates with actual weights.

The biggest uncertainty right now is in the weight of the main fuselage sections. My WAG entries for those total almost 20lb, but I feel that I can significantly improve on those weights.

The overall good news is that I'm tracking to my original 50lb dry target, and it is currently looking like I will need around 1lb of nose ballast. I'm sure the c.g. will follow the habit of racing towards the tail as time progresses........

I'm using the full-scale c.g. range from the maintenance manual, which gives me a 36mm spread (1294-1330mm from the tip of radome). I will double check the location and maybe make a foam chuck-glider as a further validation that the c.g. is in the approximately correct location.

Paul