RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Agilefalcon
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Jeti DS-24 that I bought for my T-1 jet; however, I thought I'd also try it in my SAB Kraken helicopter along with integration to the Spirit flybarless gyro. I got all that set up but I have to say that the Jeti programming for helicopters is really limited. Feature wise it is missing anything you would need for contest flying like hovering pitch, hovering throttle. I would like to adjust points on a pitch curve or a mix curve in flight by toggling a switch for example. I was able to do all of this over 10 years ago on Airtronics Stylus. I get that most people buying this radio are flying jets - but is there any thought to making a more comprehensive helicopter programming set?

I tried setting up some mixes and so forth, but without direct access to points on a pitch curve via a mix, there is not a lot that can be done. For example, I would use a rotary dial to change the slope of the Normal pitch curve (to make it less sensitive) in the hover. It seems that with some changes in the underlying operating system, this radio should be able to compete with Futaba as a contest radio for helicopters. Right now though, it's very basic.

Chris.