Old 09-22-2019, 02:35 PM
  #7257  
acdii
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Capron, IL
Posts: 8,228
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I took advantage of the rain to be in my workshop, which thankfully has dried out. Had to make a couple corrections to W1 and W2 for the Liberty Sport, and then inventoried the parts, found I am short a 1/4 x 1/2" stick for the spar. I do have 1/4" stock to make it from though, so will do that for the center section. While I had the laser powered up, I made some gussets for the wing out of 1/8" balsa, took all of 5 minutes to program the cuts, and burn them. Then I tried a grayscale engraving on Alder. It kinda sorta looked like what I was going for, but lacks enough detail to be worth it. Still have some work to do to get it close to what I would like. Might work out better doing a reverse image on Lexan.

Of course now all I can smell is burnt wood, apparently the seam on the blower leaks, so not all the smoke gets pulled out, so I sealed it with metal duct tape.
acdii is offline  
Reply With Quote