RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to gas and having some trouble figuring out how to plug everything in
Old 09-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Amanwith2sheds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to gas and having some trouble figuring out how to plug everything in

I've found a couple of threads and some good explanations of things but I'm still struggling to figure out how to hook these gas motors up correctly. I've flown nitro for 20 years so I've never had to deal with ignitions and kill switches etc. I'm putting together a hangar 9 christen eagle with a dle20ra and spektrum dx8 that I've purchased used from different people in the classifieds. The airframe already came setup with servos, spectrum reciever etc and was originally set up as a nitro plane. The motor I purchased from another gentleman without the instructions but came with the dle20ra, ignition box and some kind of board that he had plugged into the motor. He told me I'd need to order a killswitch for it which i did (which happens to have all the same plugins that this board he had plugged in did), so i may possibly have 2 different kinds of killswitches. I've read the instructions online from dle on how to plug it in but I'm finding them confusing. I guess what I'm asking is if someone could point me to a good easy to understand diagram online or something to show me how I'm supposed to plug the killswitch in, how the ignition box is plugged in and where and if i need a seperate battery and switch for it? I'll include a picture of what I have, in this picture you can see the killswitch I ordered sitting on the fuselage, the other thing with the board is sitting on the wing in the picture. both have LED's too so I'm not sure if I just have 2 different brands of killswitches or what. The receiver is a spektrum receiver.Thanks for any help, this is my first gas plane and I'm excited to get it going.
iver is a spektrum receiver.Thanks for any help, this is my first gas plane and I'm excited to get it going.

(edit: I guess I have to have 10 posts before I can post pictures)