RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Mini Avanti w/ K45 build thread
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 11:22 PM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by raydar
I am also confused by the x45 being way lighter than p20 and k30 install, there is 75 grams between a k30/k45g3 and x45 and a lot of that 75g is NOT in the turbine body but pump and ecu so can be used to balance. The x45 also needs a beefier battery to start. Reality is these turbines installed in a Avanti at least are very close. The x45 is a great engine with it's fast start and the deceleration times and low residual thrust are the real differences to me. Let's see which of these highly strung engines consistently gets to 25 hours in one piece before declaring a outright winner lol.
Raydar, hopefully the X45 does stay together because I now have three! I sold my P20's and a K45 G2 and yes the weight difference is probably minimal but every bit counts in these small jets.,I found the P20 kero start needed a high C LiPo to start, so am using the same batteries for the X45. They are all 70c rating, but different sizes depending on where I need the weight. On my Freewing F86 which had a P20 in it, I was able to remove 200gms of lead from the nose when I fitted a X45 in it . I was able to move the engine further forward because I made up a 50mm pipe to handle the power of the X45, so possibly that helped my CG as well.