RCU Forums - View Single Post - pending AMA call to action
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 02:02 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

It still comes down to; you can’t enforce what can’t be visually and accurately determined. If there’s a laser gun that takes out slant range for altitude, I am not aware of it. We’ve all been through the exercise of putting a drone up at 400’. Most can’t believe how low it truly is above the ground. GPS reporting lags too much and the jet is up through and back down through 400, 700, 1200, before the gps relays the altitude. Every Club Officers just guess and yell if they think you are above 400, 700, or 1200. I just don’t know how they think it can be enforced.
This may sound dumb, but propose raising the minimum floor? For aircraft they need to be 1000’ above people and property instead of 500. 1000’ would go to 1500’. This I would think would help the commercial drones, UPS, Amazon, etc. Of course all IFR approaches would be protected. Most airliner and corporate jets are Fl350 and above, rather than Fl350 and lower with the older jets when the airspace was created. This opens up more airspace.
Just a thought.......