RCU Forums - View Single Post - Design a fast airboat outrigger
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:13 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

And when you are 2mph from something crazy, you push it that much farther and something goes wrong. Your comment reminds me of the guys who say that electric is as safe as anything else, yet they bring home charcoal once in awhile. I’ve seen posts like this before - you can recommend a bulletproof system, but people never buy the bulletproof system you recommend. They get some hobbyking crap and wonder why they smoke their ESC or batteries. Not all electric boats blow batteries, but the systems people seem to flock to are cheap and nowhere near as robust as they should be.

I can tell you that a 27 pound wood 3-pointer takes at minimum a $1000 power system from hobbyking (part of that is a 300A water cooled ESC) to run 70MPH; and this run smoked the 300A ESC to hit 70. Perhaps better quality electronics components wouldn’t have failed, but when you’re trying to go as fast as humanly possible, all bets are off. They just are. No one can argue that.

I agree the OP needs to share their intentions and budget. This could confirm or deny my suspicions.