Old 10-30-2019, 04:44 PM
5th GeeBee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I Finished all the servo arm, ball link set-ups on all control surfaces (I don't use clevises anymore). Wired (temporarily) the ignition/IBEC/led, smoke pump/switch/led and battery charge/ balance connectors and installed smoke and soft switches. My plan is to be able to disconnect all battery,servo and balance leads at the front of the plane in case I need to remove the dome.Right now its a tangled rats nest but in the next few days I'll have it all harnessed. The pull-pull rudder tailwheel assembly came out well with no play. You will notice a small platform forward of the radio tray. I added it to mount the Bavarian Demon Cortex gyro I'm going to use on my initial flights. The lone LED you see near the flying wires is the hot ignition indicator. It is connected to the IBEC (ignition battery eliminator circuit) which also acts as an engine kill switch. For those not familiar with the Tech Aero IBEC, it allows you to safely draw ignition voltage from the Rx while providing for a Tx controllable kill switch. I've been using them for several years now and it is a high quality, reliable system and a great company. Ed Alt is the man! And they cost less than $50shipped.

Everybody crashes. Mark.

Last edited by 5th GeeBee; 10-31-2019 at 09:00 AM.