RCU Forums - View Single Post - Riva Aquarama Newbie first build
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 08:10 PM
kram12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riva Aquarama Newbie first build

I am in the middle of my first go at RC model boat building. This is a very steep learning curve for me, I never realised how intricate model building can be. Seems to me it might be as hard as building the real thing! This forum has helped me a lot along the way so far and I am grateful to the contributors who have gone before me.

At this time I have a completed hull of a scratch built 1:10 scale Riva Aquarama ready for fit-out. I have some very old plans that have no instructions. I am a bit stuck on how to do the metal bits around the hull.
I can get a metal kit from:Cornwall Model Boats Ltd
Unit 3B, Highfield Rd Ind Est,
Camelford,
Cornwall,
PL32 9RA,
United Kingdom.

5497 Riva Aquarama Photo-etch Kit for the metal trim bits.

As I am new to this I was wanting some help with what I think they call the "cutwater??" for the front of the boat. I guess that is a bow post / keel protector of some sort, don't know the proper term yet. The kit seems to be laser cut brass.

What I want to know is how do you coat or plate? the brass pieces so they look like chrome or nickle. I think the original boat would have been stainless steel from photos I have seen but if I could get it to look close to that I would be happy.

I would appreciate any help.

Duke
Australia