RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 06:12 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used the CB200 on an ultra bandit with a merlin 200XBL, and a large (not the new giant one..) skymaster Viperjet with the same 200 merlin .. no probs on either. over many many flights I think the Havoc SS would be just fine with the CB200. The big havoc I'd give some more thought.

Yes a bad setup (poor mech advantage) could create a problem .. but hey .. we have telemetry on the Jetis .. just look at the total current draw in some of your flights and decide for yourself .. even if not monitoring individual servos, you can see the current draw from flaps going down. I have a verbal warning when either battery current from the CBs goes over 4A total .. and I get it now and then .. but this is over all surfaces ... not that any one of them is over 4A.

And I really like the fact that Jeti is giving us a choice .. to have polyfuses or not .. the new one with polyfuses says it has some outputs for high current and some for normal. Kudos to Jeti ... we can pick what we need for a given install.

Dave