RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-10-2019, 07:43 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Over the years especially when my money was low I covered my birds with what ever didn't seem overly heavy and truly never noticed any thing bad. with that in mind today if I needed "silk" it would be time to visit a fabric store and get whatever seemed appropriate. Once painted no one will know or care. I have always been of the opinion that we put too much attention on weight savings on any thing with a .15 or larger engine. several ounces one way or the other would never be noticed by most modelers, unless you are in competition or endurance flying. time and money is wasted worrying about weight gain (within reason) Take a good look at post 7410!

A similar situation, why spend extra money paying for high nitro fuel when zero nitro fuel will do the job? I have not purchased fuel above five percent unless it was for 1/2A engine. nitro only heats the engine up and causes it to seize. but helps in cold weather starting. If you are just a sport flyer save your money. want more power use a bigger engine. .................................................. ......... somebody, help me to get off this soapbox.

G. Ghostler
That mambo sure is pretty!