RCU Forums - View Single Post - Haya 1/16 Chieftain Pro Version Arrived
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Looks good, TM. I especially like the crew. But I still don't like the price, so tell me honestly, do you really think this tank is worth that much money? I know it takes a lot to bring a new tank the market and all that, so I'm wondering how someone who has actually bought one now feels about the price. And you're right that HL had nothing to do with this. I was told by an Insider that one of the big reasons to keep HL out of a new tank project is because they tend to steal intellectual property and clone it for their own profit. Of course, that seems to be the Chinese National Anthem so I guess it's nothing new.
It is a limited run so if you love UK cold war MBT's then it's worth it.

Compared to the other tanks on the HAYA website it is a very expensive Platinum version Heng Long (by over £150) but not as expensive as the M3 Lee (which is another limited run).

It's a lot better then my Tamiya King Tiger which costs a lot more new and needs a lot of upgrades to make it good.

Putting my Chieftain Fanboy self aside and the fact it is a limited run (I'm still buzzing about it). -
As a tank on it's own (bearing in mind I haven't run the nuts off it yet) it is pretty much the same as the latest Pro version Heng Longs which are less then half the price.

Chieftain Fanboy self - I'll be getting another one or two as I have a few conversions planned.