RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop for DLE or DA85 help please
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I've messed with a LOT of props, Falcon carbon seem to stand out above others for most applications unless you're looking for something specific like a WW II prop or vintage or something.
While I agree completely that Falcon carbon props are great props and I use them regularly, they are expensive and not required in many applications. For many users, carbon props would serve little purpose other than being an expensive luxury. We're fortunate today to have a wide choice of quality wood props such as Xoar, Xoar laminated, Falcon wood, plus several other brands and these perform very well for most applications. Carbon offers lighter weight, a bit better performance, perhaps less prop noise in some cases and a more durable hub that will not compress but at almost twice the cost of a good wood prop. The quality wood props are pre balanced though these as well as carbon props should be checked for balance before use and corrected if needed. Not criticizing any product there, just stating there are choices.