RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron F15c Project
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Hey Guys, This is Iron Mike, (Mikes68charger) or just Army Mike LOL,

This Byron has been around the block for sure, I bought it 4 years ago from Balsa Dynamic in IA, then sold it to a guy in Chicago, after my buddy convinced me to stop wasting my time on non original Turbine Jets, and then it got sold to the thread starter on this thread (frankle951), and during my efforts to find another it was able to work out a deal for my old Byron F15 to come back home.

After going to the Big Bird Iowa show this year I had to get another Byron F15. As this show is my favorite as its the only RC jet / RC Warbird / Full Scale show / Concerts every night / with amazing awards where the full scale pilots pick the award winners, and getting to fly at the original Byron field in the YouTube clips. So I wanted to get a Byron Jet to fly at the Byron Field next year.

I will be doing so more updating, adding strength around the original spar in the foam, fiberglass the wings, rudders, and elevators, fix rudder servo mounting, and repaint.

I will post pictures along my way
I haven't heard too much about whether people updating these F15's are keeping the original landing gear. Anyone? I see parts are made of a fiber filled plastic. I wonder if they are strong enough. Also, the mains are sitting on a block that is side-mounted (cantilevered). Seems it could break. Anyone have experience using the same gears?