RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Spektrum iX20..thoughts ?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 04:26 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sebastian, in all fairness, you are completely right. The receiver debacle is ridiculous. RUMOR has it that they’ve adjusted suppliers due to the tariffs by having one vendor make the products in China, then have them assembled in Vietnam to be shipped to the US. I’m sure, if this or something similar is going on, there will be major hiccups. Maybe it’s just some possible chip supply issues. Who knows?!? They certainly are tight lipped about it. This is the SECOND major marketing SNAFU by Spektrum. Remember when they discontinued the DX20 with nothing to replace it for over a year? I’ve also noticed in the last few weeks that the PowerSafe 9 channel receiver has been discontinued too. Maybe because it was too similar in footprint to the 12 channel and they felt it was redundant.

I’ve also been following the CORE launch closely but eventually settled on my ix20. I noticed they are short of receivers above 9 channels without adding equipment or going to one of the much larger and more expensive PowerBox items. I wonder if the 12-16 channel units need were just underestimated by the radio providers?

I sure hope that they’re learning from this and won’t let it happen again.