RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D at your flying field
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 05:54 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D at your flying field

Injun_Ear,

I too respect your right to voice your opinion, but it looks like (based upon the content of your website), that you are trying to start a 3d/warbird flamefight. You mention that it gets boring watching the same maneuvers being performed, just in different ordering. Is that not the same as a typical warbird flight? I would think that just as you find the typical flight of a 3d plane rather boring and monotonous, 3d guys would find a warbird flight to be boring and monotonous. While I am fully aware of the dangers involved with close in flying at low altitudes, an equally dangerous case can be made about the 4 engine b-17 making a simulated low altitude high speed bombing run. Regardless of who or what is flying, a constant danger will exist. Even ControlLine planes have catasrophes.

What it boils down to is TOLERANCE!!! If you do not find that method of flying, then do not participate when those guys are in the air. I thought we were at the field because we enjoyed flying RC planes, I must have missed the memo that said you can only enjoy one method of flying and despise all others, and try to get them banned. I am sure that the pioneers in R/C many moons ago were given much grief when they tried remotely controlling thier planes. I would feel it a safe thing to say that 3d flying is going to be as commonplace as warbird flying, sport flying, helis, and training newbies. Each of the above has it supporters and detractors.

You will find that the more courtesy you give, the more you are apt to get in return.

Steve