RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D at your flying field
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D at your flying field

I've just started to get good at prophanging, and i'm talking smaller planes, not big scales stuff, they shouldnt be doing this near the patch, just from point of view of dumb thumb recovery space needed. I also hang my Unlimited closer than my Cougar, because it recovers quicker and is better in the hang.
When i first started i was high and well away from the patch, it wasnt untill i came in low and close that i could do it properly. you just cant hover a plane to far from you when its smaller and you dont have the skill yet. i will admit i have almost hit my self once, and another time i was in the middle of the patch, no other flyers and it went towards where the pilots would be, but like i said it was just me flying. if theres some others flying aready ( the stay high type ) i will ask if i can hang on the patch and then its the plane further away than if i was alone. but what really gets me is i go out when the air is empty, with just a few mins from that 2OZ tank and then someone else comes out and then moans or makes me come out of hangs when they low pass without calling.
Officialy your not allowed to hang or hover into wind over the patch, but really, when you want to do that, where else are you meant to be? hovering landing? i have asked if i want to hang all flight can i go over somewhere else, that was deamed unsafe, i agree on that.
If everyone could do this, it wouldnt be a problem would it

Im more scared of helis, the pilot comes out, puts the heli next to all the pilots then hovers it right next to you for a few mins, and rarely flys out of the patch, and i know very well those blades can go 12M easy when they fly off.