RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D at your flying field
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 01:08 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D at your flying field

As I politely said in the warbird/3d thread last month. All you have to do is replace "warbird" and "3d" with "training/buddy box", "heli", "electric/slow/park flyers", "turbine", "pattern", kite flying", "free flight", "control line", "combat", or anything else I could think of, and someone is going to complain about it. There are people who love and do it all, and there are people who cant stand any sort of change or deviance from what they are familiar with and like. Most pilots fall inbetween those, watching other types of flying with passive curiosity or intrest, or appreciating the skills of other pilots. Then you get those who will tell you that black is the proper color of sh*t, and that if its not black, then its not sh*t.

Fortunately, at our field you can usually be by yourself during the week at any time, and its only "crowded" (meaning 20-35 people) on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I try not to fly when there are more than 3 or 4 people in the air, just because I'm not comfortable with the extra distractions. Our club members do tend to get along pretty well also, so that keeps the friction down.

Tolerance, Ladies and Gentlemen, Tolerance.

Steve
(Hey, ya know I can almost see my house from up here on the soapbox) ;D