RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 09:49 AM
scott page

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMcfarland
Another question, I am guessing unless you are in to IMAC or pattern this probably isn't something you worry about. I am trying to mix out some of the rudder coupling in my test plane. how do I mix in up elevator with both right rudder and left rudder?

Thanks Mike,
First the concept-- when you move the rudder in either direction you want the elevator to move in the negative direction (up).
To do this you create two new input lines. One with rudder input for the positive direction (right) and one for rudder input for negative direction (left). Then in the ELE mixes you add these two lines and set their weight (throw). So when RUD stick is move the ELE surface will respond. However you need to set one of the lines to a negative weight (throw) to get the effect you're looking for.
In the example below I have the amount of ELE surface movement from RUD stick greatly exaggerated so you can see the effect.

This is only one way to execute this in OpenTX. You could also use a curve shaped like a chevron, or certainly other ways. Also - if you wanted you could set the amount of throw the RUD imparts to the ELE on a pot or slider. To level things up even more it's possible to have the value of the pot or slider read aloud after moving the pot or slider. This is very useful for in the air experimenting. Of course you can also set a switch to have three different rates to move the ELE surface based on RUD stick movement and also expo for the same.