RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1
Old 12-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm excited to become a member of the T-1 Mini owners group. Dirk at PCRJ had a standard purple one ready to go last week so I jumped at the chance. I have been following this forum and have read all 50 pages. I ordered the PNP with Savox servos and light kit. No smoke. New K-85G2. This will be "almost" my first jet. I currently have a MB-339 from Adrenalin RC with a K-120G2. I have seven solo flights on it but I'm now grounded due to winter here in Calgary, Canada. I have quite enjoyed the new experience of turbine jets starting with the MB-339. It flies like a trainer. I am an experienced competitive pylon racer so speed is not intimidating for me. All this turbine stuff, however, is very new and an exciting challenge. At home, I fly off a grass field and we are at 3,300 ft ASL. The grass is certainly not manicured, so I chose the K-85 for the T-1 Mini to get it airborne with authority.

I'm spending three months in Surprise, AZ beginning Jan 1 - March 31. The MB-339 and the T-1 Mini will be flown down there. I have had all the T-1 Mini gear shipped to a friend in AZ. Will begin the assembly when I jet there Jan 1. All of your tips on this forum have been very helpful, especially the CofG discussion, JP landing gear and brakes, Xicoy brake controller, etc. BTW, I have the JP retracts in my MB-339 and I found all the same issues with the poor braking performance. I removed the magnets and it has been an improvement. Looking forward to using the Xicoy controller in the new T-1 Mini. It's great that PRCJ have now included it as part of the stock PNP package. Love the Kingtech turbine. So easy to start and run. I have had trouble with a "sticky" fuel pump. It would try to start and then fail. Had this happen a number of times on the new 120. I've had to increase the pump start value in the GSU settings. That seems to have helped for now. Keep all the tips coming. I need all the help I can get....

Randy Smith, Calgary, AB Canada

Last edited by Randy Smith; 12-07-2019 at 08:36 AM.