RCU Forums - View Single Post - cv 12 mounted on lmh 117
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 06:15 PM
lyk2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cv 12 mounted on lmh 117

Darth, you can get the clutch bells in several different teeth count. Off road racers change gear ratios this way all the time. Notasme has used an Associated clutch so apparently it is the same pitch as the LMH main gear and bell. I also know that Traxxas clutch bells are the same pitch as the LMH because I have one. The car clutches are mechanically superior because they don't use flex points that will fatigue and crack. Traxxas clutches are basically two shoes held together by an encircling spring. You can even change the clutch engagement rpm by shortening the spring. There are even racing clutch shoes that allow engines to gain mid rpm before engagement. The clutch bells are supported by two ball bearings. It's all so cool that the LMH may work with this equipment. If an easy modification can done then I know that it is in all of our best interest. My vmax7 has and is doing well......but I think the O.S. CV engines are far better than the Norvels. Like you I wonder about the mounting of the CV engine like the vmax7 but notasme may be correct about keeping the heatsink mass close to the center line of the heli. When I try this I may make my first attempt with the engine mounted LMH traditional. This is all so awesome!
Mark