RCU Forums - View Single Post - eutawville SC fly in pics
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eutawville SC fly in pics

So you are using an aiptek? That gives me hope!
One reason I am using the Slow Stick is so I can kill the motor when I take a shot. Tried to take shots with a standard type autofocus Pentax 35mm mounted in a Right Flyer 40T but I never was able to get anything like a clear picture. No matter what the engine speed, how well I wrapped the camera in foam, even after completely rebuilding the front end of the plane to use a Sullivan Anti-Vibration mount, they came out blurry. Might have been due to the sleeve bearinged .46LA just being a high vibration engine but I gave it up as a waste of time and energy.
I have a Kadet Senior ARF waiting to be assembled and an OS .70FS handy. Maybe I should try again with that combo.
ORIGINAL: goliath-RCU

The key to clarity with this $69 camera involves three main elements: the first is lack of vibration, the second is sunlight, and the third is playing with the focus until its right and then supergluing the focus ring. This plane has an OS 70 surpass with a very low idle and this help with the vibration. If I want real clear I get it to a good altitude and dead stick the engine. This little camera likes a lot of light. I wish somebody would make a high res, tiny cam, with image stabilization built in. Probably cost a thou though.