RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Mega Pixel???
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 11:00 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Mega Pixel???

ORIGINAL: CenTexFlyer

DTB,

MegaPixels have to do with the resolution of the digital image captured. If you wish to capture an image where you will print nothing bigger than 4 X 6" print then a 2.0 megapixel will work just fine. What I believe you are looking for is the best OPTICS you can get on a camera using that MegaPixel range. Therein lies the rub. The lower the MP on a dig camera, the cheaper the optics are as well. There are a few notable exceptions. This would lead me to my next question.... do you want to "fly" this camera or take close up pictures with it? If weight is not the problem, then look at a Sony Mavica for the optics. Or even an Olympus, which has multi-element optics and macro functions as well. This forum is pretty much dedicated to us who have the cajones to buy a camera and then send it up in a model we just crashed yesterday! So it all depends on how many dollars you have and whether you're willing to bounce test that product[X(]

CTF

P.S. BTW, that engine in the pic is one of the worst engines that OS every brought into the market (IMHO) [8D]
CTF, thanks for the info. I only want to take photos on the ground with this. Up close photos and general photos is what the camera will be used for. NO flying for this camera. So I imagine I need to look at the Sony Mavica and the Olympus. Which Olympus model are you referring to exactly and which Sony Mavica model if there is such a thing?