RCU Forums - View Single Post - which charger should I use?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which charger should I use?

I checked out the details and it looks as if your FC600 would be okay as a home charger, but not in the field as it doesn't have 8-cell capability on DC input. [and could only give you 1.64C charging capability for that pack you have, when it could use 2C-3C]. The other great disadvantage is that it does not appear to be capable of dealing with NiMh (or Lipoly). If you think you'll be in the hobby for the long haul I would suggest you get a Great Planes Triton [~$120: deals with 1-24 cells NiCd, NiMh - and also Lipoly]. Best value out there!

Cheers, Phil

FC600

The VERSAPULSE is an affordable, yet highly flexible AC/DC rapid charger with delta peak cutoff. The VERSAPULSE can charge any 4 to 10 cell pack using AC input or a 4 to 7 cell nicad pack using +12V DC input. Self-limiting, variable charge rates from 0.5A all the way to 5.5A, a rugged plastice enclosure, cooling fan and heat sink, fuse and reverse polarity protection make this charger a great value!
$54.95

DIMENSIONS: 6.22" x 8.91" x 3.28"
POWER SOURCE: +13.5V power supply or lead acid battery or 110V AC.
OUTPUTS:
Using 110V AC Input - 4 cell nicad, variable charge rate (0.5A to 1.2A) 5 to 10 cell nicad, variable charge rate (0.5A to 2.8A)
Using DC Input - 4 cell nicad, variable charge rate (0.5A to 1.2A) 5 to 7 cell nicad, variable charge rate (0.5A to 5.5A) All rapid charging followed by trickle at 15% of set charge current, peak detection