RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slow Stick First Flight First Crash
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 12:49 PM
raggedman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slow Stick First Flight First Crash

i got my ss about 2 months ago...learned to fly very quickly with it...had to fiddle with the cg but finally got it right....one day i was visiting friends who wanted to see me fly but it was a windy blustery snowy day....i said what the heck and tossed the ss into what must've been a 20 mph crosswind...it dipped a bit and i turned with the wind and watched the plane zip to the far side of the football field...then i turned into the wind and hovered the plane abbove the 50 yard line for about 3 minutes....at full throttle the plane was only able to make about 10 yards of progress in the duration of the 600mah battery pack...i actually landed the plane with negative ground speed!!!! read that again....i landed the plane in reverse!!!!!!...i attribute this sucess to a perfect cg...flew sucessfully several times after until i fried my batt pack cuz my timer charger got stuck on... now i have a new battery...same model battery but it must be lighter cuz i cant get the cg right....building an e starer next