RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Magazines
Thread: RC Magazines
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Red 5-inactve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Magazines

as with most things, i try to keep my r/c hobby as low cost as possible. combining club dues, ama dues, fuel, epoxy and new planes get kind of expensive so i try to satisfy my craving for r/c info by sticking to free stuff like reading ama's model aviation (of course, in the one-day membership i've had with rcairport i've found so much more info than in 24 issues of that magazine). so, with that, i feel that there is something lacking in ama's publication. i find myself just looking at pictures, reading ads, and very seldom reading the articles. i'm not really into reading about how John "the goose" Doe, of Minnetonka Minnesota, a fifth generation r/c flyer, won his 14th international title as supreme pattern flyer at the Nigerian international competition. i really think that the official publication of the ama should feature much more information for the everyday hobbyist, and especially new-comers to the sport. does anyone else feel the same way, or am i just a jerk with a bad attitude about celebritydom in r/c modeling?