RCU Forums - View Single Post - Half-A Profile Funfly
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 11:31 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Half-A Profile Funfly

Rog, it sounds like you got the right stuff. Actually, the little servos from dragonfly are what is in the prototype. I am glad you are having fun with it. The real fun will begin when you start flying the thing.....

I have had a huge amount of emails on this plane (thanks everyone). All the input was much appreciated. One of the things I did was to add the CG to the plans (have not gotten the PDF done yet) and for those who don't want to redownload the plans, the CG should be at 2.75" from the leading edge for the first flights, but should be at 3 1/2" from the leading edge for best 3D performance. I put the corrected plans on my website.

I also found that the engine rail spacing on the plans is incorrect. I apparently grabbed the wrong Norvel template out of my files. The plans one the site are corrected now (thanks Rog for mentioning it) and if you have already cut yours out, you can just stick a piece of 1/8" thick hardwood on the bottom rail before drilling your mount (that is the way the prototype was done)

I'll get some pics and put some info up about control throws when I get home from the field this afternoon.