RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS P-51 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS P-51 Mustang

If you have flown any glow war planes, then you can fly the Mustang. Like any war plane it likes speed, too slow and too much elevator and it will snap. As Ace9 said the stock system is just fast enough to fly, but since you are already considering brushless, you will have a blast. I don't have brushless in my Mustang, but I do have the Himaxx 2015-4100 in my Formosa. This motor is about the same as the 350. I am setup for more thrust than speed, but with a few changes in the prop and gear box you should get more speed. On my Formosa I use the "D" gear ratio and a 10x6 Prop. I use the Phoenix-25 also. Works great and I can always add use it in something more powerfull later on, so that is my choice. I couldn't find anyplace that had Razors in stock, that is why I used the Himaxx. But I am completely satisfied. Anyway, If you went with the 350 and the "C" gear box, with about a 9x7 prop I think you would be fine. I would get an APC prop though. You would be turning the GWS prop a little faster than it was designed for. I believe that the 350 is the most versitile of the Razors and you could get a few different size props and gears for experimenting. I am just putting togather my GWS Corair and I am using the same setup as my Formosa execpt for the C gearing and 9x7 prop. Some people may come in mentioning a CG propblem with the plane, but its not a CG problem it a speed problem.

Oh, let me add, be carefull on the amps with the 1200 Kokams, if you have some way to measure the amps do so. I think my Corsair will be pulling less than 9 amps at full power.