RCU Forums - View Single Post - TMAXX BULKHEAD BUMMER
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Goku
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMAXX BULKHEAD BUMMER

WAHOO!!! 4 months of trying and I finally broke the first part on my Tmaxx!!!!

(OK... before I go on, I just wanna say... Please do not turn this into a Savage vs. Tmaxx flaming thing.... I'm not switching to a Savage... unless you can get me one for $50 like my Tmaxx cost. you gotta love ebay!)

So, I was going about 30 mph in the backyard, slid sideways through the snow, attempted to go through the fence....and my front left bulkhead is now broken (it is a plastic one). I went through and looked at the other threads on broken Tmaxx bulkheads and It appears this is one of the more common things to break...

Here's my first question: Of all you Tmaxx owners out there who have broken a bulkhead or two.... have you ever broken(or bent) an aluminum bulkhead? I'm considering upgrading to aluminum, but the cost is a bit staggering... especially if they will still break... (As evident- I'm not the best driver, and I'm sure I'll have worse crashes in the future...)

Next question: I also saw some Bulkhead "Braces" online. Does anyone have experience with these?

And my last question is this.... My Tmaxx started life as the old .15 style....much of which has been upgraded.... If I end up just getting some stock replacements, will the 2.5 bulkheads be interchangeable with the .15 style?

THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76851.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	91883