RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Posting... My Aerials
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Posting... My Aerials

I have looked at a few DVD recorders... However, it appeared they are more for low quality security recordings rather than high quality video. What product did you purchase?

I have captured numerous videos about 300 in all. Most are from testing, but some are worth sharing. One was of a guy named Jesus, a truck driver for SWIFT. He is an island dude, funny as they come. Anyway, he freaked out after making a wrong turn with his 44' trailer and found himself on a road between Anderson's Sod Farm, which is where we go to fly. Freaked, he made a terrible decision to attempt a U-Turn on the single line highway. We happened to be going down the hill near the Sod Farm and saw him starting his U-Turn. I said to my son, "What an idiot! He'll never make!" I have gotten stuck attempting U-Turns on this highway. We went around the Sod Farm and came up the other side as we were attempting to get in a glow fuel flight before dark. We watched him bury himself as he T-Boned his rig across the road. Being a good safety, truck driving teacher (we learned later), he proceeded to walk a mile in either direction to place safety cones at the nearly intersections. I said to my son, "Man, I wish I had a camera for this one". He said, "Dad, you have your VidFly in the car". "Oh, Yeah" I said laughing. We hadn't planed to fly the VidFly so we had to charge some batteries quickly. Ten minutes later I was flying over Jesus's truck, him walking, and the angry traffic having to find alternative roads. It was getting dark so I landed and we walked upto the high centered truck/trailor while we shot more video. The entire situation was so funny, but the cops that came were not amused at all. They were quite mean with the little inslander. We spoke with Jesus and learned he was from El Paso, TX, been in the US for about 9 months driving truck. That's when we learned he is a driving instructor and he had one of the best senses of humor I have ever heard! We showed him the video and he was amazed, he said, "You should go look for Bin Ladden with that one-smiling. I gotta have this video... I want to show it to my students-laughing. I bet I win on America's Funnest videos, don't you think? laughing". The really funny part was when the second cop came and Jesus was yeilding to us, "Not now, guys, not now, it's not a good time" in his islander voice. It was one of the only times I have wished I had audio in my plane!

I figured I had captured an excellence funny clip for the news. I went straight home, imported, edited, loaded it to my website and attempted to contact the news via email. Maybe that was my mistake... I should have called them, but I figured a punching subject heading like "Jesus took a wrong turn" would work well. I was incorrect. Nobody contacted me. I need to learn how to present the information to the news. Also, I don't want to be giving them freebies. Do you have any idea what a good clip should cost them and how to submit a video to them?

I'll post the "Jesus took a wrong turn" video on my website. I recorded about 8 minutes of aerials of this incident. However, I didn't use much of the aerials in this video because the ground shoots were good and plenty-LOL. I have a really large mp2 file of the entire incident, but there's no way to post that one as it is over 170meg. You should have heard that islander explaining his story to the cops... it's so funny! I plan to dub my own audio on this video. It will be funny. Here's the link for the cut non-audio video: http://www.wireless-logistics.com/jtawt.mpg (Give me some time to get it loaded up there) I am currently back on a dialup until I move. You guys have my permission to add your own islander verbiage-grin Sort of like sitting back in the jetboat in -10 degrees holding onto the steering wheel making those veroooommmmm noises-LOL!!!

I hope my ISP don't kill me for posting another video!!!

Rj