RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC-21 - The first Fibreglass Kit on the market
Old 01-28-2004, 10:38 AM
WerHop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilatus PC-21 - The first Fibreglass Kit on the market

Hi Guys,

We have recieved all the information from the manufacturer of two available models of the Pilatus PC 21, The information will follow;

The first model is a 2.30 m wingspan and is 2.50 m long fuselage.

PILATUS PC21A

Wingspan : 2300
Fuselage Length : 2500
Height Off the Ground: 870
Weight : 17kg
Engine : 70 cc (3W-70i) - 7.5 shp

PILATUS PC 21B

Wingspan : 1990
Fuselage Length : 2020
Height Off the Ground: 740
Weight : 11kg
Engine : 50 cc (3W-50i) - 4.8 shp

Constuction :
Fuselage :
Prototype : The hole fuselage is built in composite with styroform and GFK as one sandwich constructional engineering. The particular segments are cuted with master models and assembled together in one half part in the longitudial axis. The two halfs fuselage are bonded the final assemble, in- and outside with GFK reinforcement. In the future the fuselage from the PC 21 B will certainly built up in full GFK technique moulded.

Wings, ailerons, flaps and elevators
Cuted from Styropore and reinforcement with GFK, subsequently with 0,8 mm woodenplates (Abachi) covered and together cemented in vakuum-pack. All power transmission Points, for the ailerons flaps hings- Retract-supports etc. are reinforcement with plywood.

Nose- and main retracts
The pneumatic retracts can be supplied, semiscale construction in ultra though aluminum. The steering nose wheel is controled with one servo swivel arm with out eny backlash.

Additional information is available on demand.

If anyone is interested please contact me for more information, a video may come soon depending on the demand from you guys.

Thanks for your time

Werner Hoppe
Hoppe Aviation Models