RCU Forums - View Single Post - Christen Eagle - Building, Alterations and Modifications
Old 01-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Christen Eagle - Building, Alterations and Modifications

First of all the Eagle will balance fine with thge DA 50. You will need to order new standoffs. The correct size is 2 3/4"! I ordered mine from www.aerofrafixs.com
The poblem is to get the screws behind the box to screw the standoffs on. [:'(] Major pain in the butt. You will have to come through the fuse with the screws and insert then from inside the box to the standoffs if you don't want to weaken the box and butche it all open. Therefore you will have to drill a hole in the firewall on the fuse side. I did this by drilling the hole for the standofs screw in the box first through the firewall and then with a dremel tool saw drill make the hole in the firewall a little bigger so the head of the screw will fit through it. I also used large washer inside the box to spread the load. Worked out very nice in the end.

I don't think any major modifications are necessary. The stock tailwheel is just fine and plenty strong, as is the main landing gear.
I went over the complete feather scheme monokte with a q-tip and trim solvent to seal the edges to prevent them from peeling off. Worked great.
Don't even bother to add the flying wires. They will snap after first flight with all the vibration from the gasser.

I absolutely love my Eagle. Great flier.