RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is the Associated MGT Overpriced??
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 08:47 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Associated MGT Overpriced??

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

You work at a hobby shop casey? Which one?

Matt
ORIGINAL: caseyddr

All i hear at the shop is that these are over priced. We sell a few, but not near as many as the Savage or Tmaxx. But maybe thats becuase I push the savage over the MGT Itsm ore of a personal preference, when you get into the 500$ range, you start to push the limits of ppl's wallets wanting to be in a fun hobby. No new person wants to drop 500 bones on jus a truck, then have to buy fuel and other small accessories to go up to 550-600$.
Hobbytown USA :P I really wish you'd get that grudge off me! You act like I know nothing about anything heh! Anyways I was jus stating what I see at the store. It may be a tad more expensive than a smaller hobbyshop, but in the past year I've noticed that hobbytown has lowered there prices considerably.

Now somebody mentioned the Truckzilla, here is how I see the numbers from prices.

Savage SS + Truckzilla = 269 + 329 = 598$

MGT = 459$

all with free shipping. These are from ultimatehobbies.com, so the TZ, which IMO Is a far superior truck than the MGT costs 150 more, not 250$ :P THen that 150$ you get all your money back when you sell off the engine, chassis plates, pipe, tires from the SS. Do your research if you wanna compare to trucks