RCU Forums - View Single Post - Half-A Profile Funfly
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 05:03 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE: Half-A Profile Funfly

Marius, here are the suggestions I have.....

First you really need to drop 2-3 oz's out of the plane. I would suggest doing this by getting some smaller servos. If you can get the plane to the 13-14 oz range, you will be able to hover it. As it stands now, it will be a very fun aerobatic airplane when you get the engine running, but it won't do any real 3D. I saw the maiden of an 18 oz version this past weekend. While it flew only shortly, it showed clearly that the plane has enough wing area to carry the weight, but it certainly was not going to hover.

Second, on the engine, I would check a few of the threads on hop-ups for AP's and Norvels in this forum. The easy first checks would be to put a new glow plug in it and bump up the nitro, while also making sure that the carb is opening all the way, and there are no restrictions in the engine that should not be there (machining imperfections). I originally flew mine on 35% nitro, but have since gone back to 25% with no substantial performance penalty.

Finally, I would suggest trying the Cox 6-3 propeller. I have not tried the MA on mine, but I do know that the engine I am running is swinging the Cox much faster than 12k.

I think with a little tweaking you will have a really fun plane. Keep at it!